Once upon a time I made a checklist of things that I wanted to get done during my 36th year. It was inspired by the fabulous Louisa and the amazing checklist on her blog. I have pretty much given up on this list and am focusing on my new year's resolutions, but looking at it I have actually made some progress. I won't get everything done by the time my birthday rolls around in late April but it feels good to see some progress.
1. Pay off my credit card. - Bwhahahahahaha. Yeah, ain't happening. But I think I'm going to go for the "build up money in an account" route to pay it off. Kind of a modified debt snowball. I probably also really need to build up the $1000 emergency fund as Dave Ramsey suggests because the things that get put on the card are emergency items (think veterinarian tests or car maintenance).
2. Buy a new camera body, not on the credit card. - Done!
3. Sell a photograph. - Not yet, but there are definite possibilities for this year. Just may not make it by my birthday.
4. Enter at least 5 call for entries.- I've only done one. This one I have no excuses. I really should have done this.
5. Take a photography class - Done! In fact, just tonight I took a class on night photography. It is a two part class so I will meet again on Saturday to go over processing.
6. Participate in at least 3 5K fun walks. - Alas, no.
7. Go on a date. - I'm giving up on this one, pretty much for life.
8. Take some road trips around Texas. - This one will be completed by my deadline. Hooray!
9. Grow my viewership on my blog by 100% - Done! I have definitely hit that mark. Not that I had very far to go since I had a very small amount of viewers, but I now have a very small amount times two.
10. Ride a bike. - Not yet, but you never know. I still have two months.
11. Go out shooting with someone new every few months. - I haven't really done this, at least not one on one. I've gone several times with different groups of people. I still feel like this is progress from where I was a year ago.