I have to say that I love this new resolution format. I like that they are little steps so even if I fall down on resolutions (like I did in February) I can still feel like I am making progress even if I only move one or two forward. I also like that I can tweak it along the way for a better fit.
February. Poor February. I'm not a fan and it isn't really February's fault. It's just a busy month with fundraiser at work and a work trip out of town and solo contest. It feels like I am just keeping my head above water for the whole month and that a lot of times leads me to slough stuff off. Of course the resolutions are supposed to stop me from doing that, but... oh well. It's a work in progress every day.
1. Mirror Project Weekly - I did 7 this month. Woot! Remember you can follow along on the Mirror Me blog.
2. Instagram 3x a week - I'm getting better at this one. I had a thought that I was going to use Instagram for the Mirror Me Project and then I changed my mind. I was still trying to figure out how to incorporate Instagram into my online photo universe when I saw this conversation about Flickr and Instagram. The points made about Instagram not being used for anything of lasting value really hit home with me. So I went back to just using it for fun stuff. This month I'm going to try doing some of the March Photo A Day topics (but not beat myself up if I miss a day) and I am enjoying seeing the photos of the people I follow. I think this resolution has been successful because when I started I never did anything with Instagram and now it is used a lot more.
3. Everyday App - I did so well in January and totally fell down in February. I only took about 9 new photos the whole month. Definitely not enough to warrant a new video. I'll do better in March.
4. Photowalk Twice a Month - Nope. I want this to be a walk that is not part of an assignment or meet-up and I haven't made it yet, but I know I will. I decided to change this one to once a month.
Food & Drink
1. Make a Weekly Meal Plan - Not so much. Did I mention February kicks my butt each time? I was doing really well before I went to San Antonio and then I completely fell apart when I got back. There were two weeks where I was eating out way more than I was eating at home. Thankfully last week I got back on track (mostly).
2. Fresh Cooking 3x a week - As you can guess from the previous paragraph I wasn't doing a lot of this. Combine those experiences with this post about cooking kits and I have decided to modify this resolution. It is now going to be Eat at Home Four Times a Week. I think this is much more realistic in terms of cooking and it will hopefully break the eating out skid I feel into last month.
3. Bake Twice a Month - Nope. I'm changing this one to once a month. I think that will make it feel much more possible.
4. Drink More Water and Tea - Nope. I was terrible this month I tell you.
1. Track Spending - Sigh. no.
2. Get Involved with a Charity - No, BUT I have decided that I am going to solicite donations to a charity for my 40th birthday next month (40!!!). I'm pretty sure I know the charity but I don't want to announce it quite yet. I'm excited about the possibility.
3. Put Things Away - One of the reasons February was so bad was that I let my apartment fall apart. When my apartment gets like that I don't want to do anything. It's weird. When my apartment is clean I feel like I can go out and do things and live life. When it gets junky I end up sitting in one spot and it just gets worse and worse. This one is so important to all my other resolutions. I have to get it together.
4. Make the Thought Count - I've done one thing but I can't mention it yet. Hopefully a lot more to come.
Feel Good/Look Good
1. One Piece of Clothing Each Month - Oops. February got by me without something new.
2. Ride Once a Week - Can you guess? Nope.
3. Look Best Each Time I Go Out - I've been better about this than I was last year but there were definitely times this month where I reverted back to my old lazy self. But I can definitely tell that I am making progress in this area.
4. 10,000 steps a day - I've done really well about always having my pedometer with me every day. Right now I have just been tracking and there are definitely days where I hit 10,000 a day. I need to start up a walking program to get the number up on those days where I don't reach 10,000.
1. 20 Books in 2012 - I added two more books in February so now my total is up to 6. You can follow along on my Goodreads account.
2. Reduce Screen Time - Yeah not so much. I slid into bad habits in February.
3. Weekly To Do List - Yes! Well, I mean I'm not great at it yet but I have a new helper that is going to be fantastic. The Clear App is exactly what I needed. It is easy to use, it feels like writing lists on paper and it is fun to use. I have lists going for work, the week and weekend. I love it.
4. Blog Four Times a Week - I think there was a week or two where I didn't make it, but I've been a lot better about blogging overall than I have in a long time.
So goodbye to February. Hello to March, one of my favorite months. Hooray!