One of those days

What a day today has been.  

I started the day tired. Last night I went to see Annie.  It was a lovely production and the little girl playing Annie was really good.  But it was a strange evening.  As soon as the overture began I started tearing up.  And I teared up (ok fine.... cried) at almost every song and moment in the first half.  At Maybe, at Tomorrow, at any scene that had Sandy.  I certainly love this show, and I love musical theater, but I was not expecting that reaction.  I honestly think it is the stresses of my current situation that are wreacking havoc on my system.

So I got home late, but I had to get up early because I had a choir rehearsal this morning.  It is the first time I've ever called a Saturday and all the kids showed up!  Because of state testing and the way our schedule works I only saw them one day this week and we have competition in two weeks.  It was a good thing to have rehearsal and I'm glad I did it.  I felt tired all morning though and once my part was over I started to feel a headache and sore throat.  I stayed to help the band with their rehearsal and didn't get home until about 3 p.m.

By this point I was flat out exhausted.  I went to bed and slept until 8.  I woke up still tired but I got up to feed my cat.  When I sat down at the computer I noticed the internet was out (that's like cutting off one of my limbs).  I was on my phone when I heard a thump and a wailing meow.  Gypsy was on the floor and she did not look good.  She was sitting and moving in a strange way.  I moved her to the restroom because I thought she was going to throw up or expel in another way and she started panting. I let her out of there and she walked very strangely to the living room where she did this half laying down/half crawling thing.  At this point I got dressed, got the carrier down and confirmed directions to the emergency clinic.  But when I put her in the carrier she fought me like she always does and wouldn't sit down in the carrier.  I opened the door and she walked out fairly normal.  She spent the next 10 minutes or so wandering the apartment with her normal gait, going to the restroom and even taking a few bites to eat.  I think she will be ok.  I'm not sure what happened, but I think she fell off the dresser and it stunned her.  My poor elderly baby.

Now the internet is back, but this day has been so weird I just want to scrap it, head to bed and read my book.  I think I will. 

In the meantime you can watch this rehearsal footage from the show.  How I love musical theater. 


Shut Down

Hey... You!